Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation
The Foundation has a vision to ensure every child – now and in the future – can access world-class medical care whenever they need it.
Until May 2018, the Foundation’s primary goal was to raise funds for Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick. We have now expanded to support all the paediatric services within The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network, which includes The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, Bear Cottage, the Newborn and Paediatric Emergency Transport Service (NETS) and Kids Research.
Over the past year, the Network provided more than one million occasions of service, treated 96,000 Emergency Department admissions and cared for more than 155,000 children from across New South Wales.
NETS also transported more than 1,500 critically ill babies and children to receive tertiary care. We also invest in research that will change and save more lives in the future. By discovering better ways to diagnose, treat or prevent childhood disease and injuries, we also help generations of children to come.
The Impact and how we’ve made a difference to sick kids
- Investing in the Child Protection Unit and its programs to support children and their families who have suffered from physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
- Enabling the Surgical Department to purchase a state-of-the-art SMART Theatre.
- Funding the Neurology Fellowship Program. This has enabled the Hospital to provide even greater life-saving and life-changing care for children who have suffered a stroke, who have epilepsy, neuromuscular disorders, brain tumours, brain infection and other rare neurological conditions.
Delivering world class paediatric care is expensive and there will always be a gap between the need for investment and the resources governments can make available.
Community support contributes $50 million annually to the Network to ensure all children have access to the best quality medical care. This funding is vital to help ensure the Foundation can:
- Fund state of the art equipment at a rate that keeps pace with the speed of change in medical technology.
- Invest in pioneering research to prevent, treat and cure devastating childhood diseases more quickly.
- Create innovative clinical spaces and hospital buildings that match the world class expertise of the medical teams.
- Transform the way we deliver healthcare for our kids and their families by providing Hospital staff with the training they need to deliver the very best possible care.
“Together we will ensure all children have access to the best quality medical care.” - Nicola Stokes CEO, Sydney Children’s Hospitals Foundation